Charman Active Biochar is of the finest horticultural grade with 84% organic carbon and manufactured in audited, quality controlled facilities. It is then moisture balanced, charged with organic nutrients, worm castings, compost and finally inoculated with a specific blend of microbes. These task specific microbes help to mineralise nutrients for plant availability, fix atmospheric nitrogen and produce phytohormones that aid in seed germination and healthy plant growth.
Inoculated with: 4x endomycorrhizal glomus species, Acetobacter sp., Azospirillum sp., Bacillus sp., Pseudomonas sp.
Biochar Active will stay in your soil or growing media, holding water and nutrients for future use. Used at 5 to 10% will greatly enhance the growing potential of your potting mix, veggie beds or hydroponic media for the long term.
• Mix well with potting media, soil or coco coir only one time at a rate of 5% to 10% total volume.
• 2 litres can treat a soil area of 2m2. Apply a light surface covering every 6-12 weeks & water in well.
• Fixed carbon 84%
• Organic matter 13%
• Ash 3%
• pH in CaCl2 solution 7.5-8.5
• Biochar Active stimulates vigorous plant root growth, improves soil porosity and structure
• Promotes a thriving, living soil ecosystem
• Boost drought tolerance. Increases plant available moisture
• Reduces fertiliser requirements
• Reduces soil bulk density
• Highest grade biochar with typically 85% fixed carbon and very low ash under 3%.
• Enhances growing media ability to supply nutrients
• Adds selected fungi and bacteria beneficial to plant root development and health
• Is made Australia from regenerative organic biomass